There are three parts to Phonics Hero; Basic, Advanced Code and Complete the Code. 26 step-by-step levels will systematically teach children how to read and spell with the 44 sounds of English plus tricky words.
On your first login to Phonics Hero, you will be given the option to start at the beginning (for new readers) or take our Placement Test.
|Part 1 – Basic Code – Beginning Reader & Speller
||s m c t g p a o
||I, was, are, the, to, she
||r l d b f h i u
||day, a, today, of, he, for
||v w y z j n k e
||all, me, they, is, no, said
||ll ss ff zz
||you, this, my, play, come, have
||sh ch th wh
||like, says, going, do, what, give
||ck ng qu x
||away, look, once, see, very, we
- A great foundation: the first 29 of the 44 sounds.
- Letters of the alphabet and the concept that a sound can be represented by more than one letter, for example: ‘sh’ or ‘ch’.
- Read and spell over 350 words.
- Read over 150 sentences.
- 36 camera/tricky words, which are so essential to get children reading and writing passages of text.
|Part 2 – Advanced Code – Emerging Reader & Speller
||Words with a more complicated pattern VCC (Vowel, Consonant, Consonant) CCVC and CVCC words
||one, some, want, many, love, has
||ee ea y e
||people, live, brother, sister, house, where
||i igh y ie i_e
||her, out, there, about, his, down
||o oa ow o_e
||because, two, another, more, here, our
||a ai ay a_e
||friend, their, were, your, could, four
||oo ew ue u_e
||half, first, good, girl, saw, would
- Watch spelling rocket with Part 2, using the 5 critical vowel digraphs and all the ways that these can be spelled.
- 248 fun, lively, unique games.
- Read and spell over 250 new words.
- Read over 150 new sentences.
- 36 new camera/tricky words.
|Part 3 – Complete the Code – Advancing Reader & Speller
||r rr wr
||ph f ff
||c ce s se ss
||u oo oul
||ir er ear ur or
||or ou ow ol ore
||air ear are ere
||j dge ge g
||ch tch tu
||sh ci ti
- Part 3 covers the last remaining sounds needed to complete the code.
- 324 fun, lively, new unique games.
- Read and spell over 456 new words.
- Read over 376 new sentences.
Start Your Free 7 Day Trial